Mee’s Cardiac Services features specialists who work together toward preventing, diagnosing and treating cardiovascular diseases. Heart disease requires a truly comprehensive approach to care. We offer a full spectrum of non-invasive heart care services (screening and diagnostic tests), rehabilitative services and educational programs. Our emergency services provide prompt medical care to our heart patients.
Mee provides high-quality medical care to our patients diagnosed with heart or coronary artery disease. We provide intervention for patients with thrombosis, arrhythmias and all other conditions of the heart and coronary arteries, as well as prompt and response to myocardial infarction (heart attack).
A Healthy Heart
The heart is a muscular pump (about the size of a man's clenched fist). It is located in the mid-left chest, behind the rib cage and above the diaphragm. Your heart is divided into four distinct chambers by a wall of tissue called the septum, which separates the heart into right and left sides, and two valves between the upper and lower chambers. The upper chambers are called atria and receive blood from the body. The lower chambers are called the ventricles, and send blood out to the body.
Your heart pumps blood through your body and lungs enabling the exchange of nutrients and oxygen. Your heart has four valves that keep blood flowing in the right direction, and these valves help prevent the back flow of blood. The four valves in the heart are tricuspid, pulmonic, mitral and aortic.
Circulation of the blood through the heart accomplishes two major tasks:
- the right side of the heart receives oxygen-poor blood from the body and sends that blood to the lungs to be replenished with oxygen.
- the left side of the heart receives blood now rich with oxygen from the lungs and sends it to all the body tissues.
- The chambers, electrical pathways and the blood vessels work together to ensure the heart pumps an adequate amount of blood rich in oxygen and nutrients throughout the body and carry away the waste products.
Some screening techniques used in our cardio pulmonary services include:
- Electrocardiography and other testing/monitoring procedures
- Non-invasive evaluation of peripheral and cerebral brain circulation
- Exercise testing
- In addition to these services, Cardio Pulmonary works in collaboration with several other hospital departments and Mee centers such as Surgical Services, Radiology, Mee Urgent Care and Family Health Centers (in King City and Soledad) and Mee Memorial Clinics (in Greenfield and King City).
For more information about healthy lifestyles, and heart attack and stroke warning signs, visit:
Contact Cardio Pulmonary
For more information, contact:
Steve Grieshaber/Cardio Pulmonary Services