The Southern Monterey County Memorial Hospital Foundation, DBA Mee Memorial Hospital Foundation, was established in the early 1960s and became a 501(c)3 in 1969. Its purpose was and remains "the procurement and extension of financial aid toward the operation, maintenance and extension of the facilities of Southern Monterey County Memorial Hospital (DBA George L. Mee Memorial Hospital.)"
Since 2008 YOUR Mee Memorial Hospital Foundation has purchased:
- Fetal Monitor Fetal Monitoring System
- Heartstart Defibrillators Maytag Glass Lid Washer
- Printer for Lab Newborn Hearing Screener
- 2 Fetal/Maternal Monitors Ice Maker
- 2 Pellet Plate Heaters Floor Polisher
- Wascomat Washer Binders for SNF
- Deposit on New Doors Orthoscan
- Televisions for SNF Surgery scopes
- Digital Mammography Equipment
Petit Heads Newly-Formed SoMoCo Hospital Foundation -
RUSTLER January 16, 1969 -- A dinner meeting Monday evening at the IOOF hall in King City officially chartered what many people consider to be one of the most important organizations ever founded in Southern Monterey County.
This was the personal feeling expressed by the officers of the new Southern Monterey County Memorial Hospital Foundation who were installed, along with 23 other people from this area as the charter members of the foundation’s board of trustees.
James Petit of King City was named president along with Ellis Tavernetti, King City, vice president; Col. Charles L. Peckham, Pine Canyon, secretary; and Tom Pettitt, King City, treasurer.