Over the past 50 years, the total is in the millions. Millions of dollars that Mee Memorial Hospital Foundation has raised for the betterment of the hospital. The Foundation’s mission is to adequately "equip, modernize, update and make aesthetically pleasant the hospital facilities."
Some fundraising and other activities include:
- The annual fundraising Golf Tournament in September
- Walk with Mee — a 5-K walk that promotes good health and benefits the hospital
- Overseeing the Memorial Rose Garden in the front of the hospital
- Maintaining Donor and Veteran boards
- Offering the Vial of Life program to our residents
- Working collaboratively with the Service League and hospital on many events and opportunities
Petit Heads Newly-Formed SoMoCo Hospital Foundation -
RUSTLER January 16, 1969 -- A dinner meeting Monday evening at the IOOF hall in King City officially chartered what many people consider to be one of the most important organizations ever founded in Southern Monterey County.
This was the personal feeling expressed by the officers of the new Southern Monterey County Memorial Hospital Foundation who were installed, along with 23 other people from this area as the charter members of the foundation’s board of trustees.
James Petit of King City was named president along with Ellis Tavernetti, King City, vice president; Col. Charles L. Peckham, Pine Canyon, secretary; and Tom Pettitt, King City, treasurer.
Mee Memorial Hospital Foundation will be accepting donations oline, right here, on this page!
But in the meantime, you can still send your donations to the Foundation at:
Mee Memorial Hospital Foundation
300 Canal St.
King City, CA 93930.
For more information, call: